Affiliations & Memberships:
Professional Photographers of America (PPA)
International Newborn Photographers Association (INPA)
Female Photographers Association (FPA)
For me, photography is my mission from God, to help people remember the good times, to re-live the emotions and document the wonderful beauty in their lives. In order to do this, I have to get to know every client, see their heart and learn their story; the best part is watching them grow. Each day is a gift, that’s why they call it the present.
My name is Tami McKenney-Molinaro and I was called into photography at the age of 14 (that’s 1995). I started the business out of my love for the craft in 2004. Since then, I married the love of my life and gave birth to two awesomely smart and funny kids (age 4 and 6) that I love beyond anything I could ever imagine. It’s truly amazing how your heart immediately feels 10 sizes too big after having a child — or two!
People often comment on the feelings and emotions evoked from my work, especially when viewing an image of a family they don’t even know! Let me capture that love for you – the love that radiates. Anyone can take pictures, but my work will convey the emotions that make a memory because I photograph what the heart feels, not just what the eyes see.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Film photography (35mm and medium format) 22 years
- Digital photography 11years
- Classic wet/darkroom developing techniques
- Classical studio lighting and composition
- Outdoor and natural light usage and techniques
- Digital darkroom: Adobe LightRoom, PhotoShop and Premiere Pro
- I also attended Arizona State University as a generalized art major with an emphasis on photography
Other noted accomplishments:
- Voted a Top 10 Best Portrait Photographer on Denver’s A List two years in a row (2013-2014) by Denver area residents
- Was the official editorial and portfolio photographer of Swagger Salon in Westminster (now closed)
- Now the official editorial and portfolio photographer for HairCraft
- Preferred photographer at The Lumber Baron Inn & Gardens for Boudoir photography.
- I’ve participated in many Denver area art shows from 2006-2008 and in Phoenix, AZ for many years before that
- I was also a featured photographer in Professional Photographer’s of America’s (PPA) Faces of PPA campaign in 2014
- Was a volunteer photographer for OpLove from 2008-2014.
- A Colorado Courtship’s Blog
- Beauty & Lifestyle Bride
- Inspired Bride
- Photographed the cover of For Rent Magazine in 2004 for The Estates at Tanglewood Apartments in Westminster, CO.
As a matter of focus, I’ve moved all boudoir, engagement, wedding and beauty portraits to a second brand: Heartfelt Expressions Photography.
I offer photography services mainly in the Tulsa metro and Northeaster Oklahoma Green Country areas, but have been known to travel as far 100 miles for a session. Occasionally I will also travel out of state for destination weddings when budgets allow. Additional mileage fees may apply if the distance is more than 50 miles from our business.
Talking about myself feels strange and presumptuous because I’m really not as full of myself as you’d think with all that experience! I’m really just a modest, down-to-earth, artsy girl who loves music, poetry, art and photography; so as not to overdo it, I’ve included a resume if you’d like to learn more about me: http://bit.ly/photoresume
Other quirky stuff:
- I’m super shy, so I tell the cheesiest/dorkiest jokes ever to break the ice
- I love Italian and Greek food (Gyros are the BEST!)
- I attend church regularly & am an active volunteer on the production team
- I’m an published author and a poet (don’t I know it)
- I collect working antique cameras of all shapes and sizes – I’m a camera nut!
- You’ll probably know me by my bright red and black Converse shoes